The extraordinarily shaped amusing blooms of Funny Face flower put a smile on anyone’s face, but they need constant upkeep to flourish!
Follow the article to get a deeper look at the Funny Face flowers and how you can grow them for home gardening!
Table of Contents Show
What Does Funny Face Flower Look Like?
The Funny Face flower (Cuphea) is a tiny, perennial shrub that reaches up to 1-2 feet in height and 0.75-2.5 feet in width.
Furthermore, they produce phenomenal trumpet-shaped flowers that are red and purple in color with a yellow center.
These flowers range in size from 1-2 inches and bear colorful sepals and petals that are fused together at the base.
This plant flowers in Summer and can last for several weeks, and it blooms well in hot and desert conditions.
There are other funny face flowers, such as Funny Face Rose.
These are bicolor flowers with a unique color combination of pink and white, in which pink petals are found on the top of white flowers.
Additionally, you can find the images of singer Rose from a music band, Blackpink, on the search of Funny Face Rose.
How to Grow Funny Face Flowers?
People usually cultivate Funny Face flowers for ornamental purposes.
However, their care requirements vary according to the variety or cultivar you are growing.
Here are some care guides to grow Funny Face flowers.
- Choice of plants: Firstly, select the specific Funny Face flower you want to grow, looking at their appearance and the growth requirements that you can provide.
- Selection of location: Select a place with good sunlight exposure. However, ensure the plants are not getting overexposure to sunlight.
- Soil preparation: Funny Face flowers demand well-draining soil enhanced with organic matter. On top of that, you can add some green manure to promote the growth of flowers.
- Watering: Water the plants regularly, but do not overwater them. Water the Funny Face plant when the top 2 inches of soil becomes dry.
- Fertilization: Fertilize your Funny Face flower with all-purpose fertilizers once during the growing seasons to induce beautiful flowers.
- Pests and disease management: The major pests and diseases inhibiting the growth of plants are Powdery mildew, Leaf spots, Aphids, and Spider mites.
Growing Funny Face Flowers From Seeds
To increase the population of Funny Face flowers, growing them from seeds will be the best decision.
Here are some tips to grow Funny Face flowers from seeds.
- Firstly, soak the seeds overnight before sowing them.
- Prepare a suitable soil mix to sow the seeds.
- Sow the seeds 2 inches apart from each other to prevent the spread of diseases.
- Water and fertilize them regularly; remember to provide adequate sunlight.
Funny Face Flower For Sale
Check out these online nurseries if you want to buy and decorate your homes or gardens with Funny Face flowers.
|Brick House Acres
|Easy Elegance Roses
|Annie's Annuals and Perennials
|Within 2 weeks
From Editorial Team
Funny Face flowers are hardy from USDA zones 4-9 and can survive night-time temperatures ranging between -30°F to 30°F.
However, in winter, you can bring the potted plant indoors to protect it from extreme chilly winds and frost injuries.