Blue Cheese Fruit is also called Vomit fruit due to its strange taste, just like vomit or rotten cheese.
Blue Cheese Fruit, also called Noni Fruit, is an exotic fruit with lots of health benefits like antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
So, if you are thinking about how to consume this fruit because of its weird taste and smell, this article will definitely help you.
Table of Contents Show
What Does Blue Cheese Fruit Taste Like?
Blue Cheese Fruit has the characteristic smell of Blue Cheese, a cheese infected by the fungus.
Moreover, you can feel the explosion of flavors in the first bite with a sour taste, bitter aftertaste, and sweetness at last.
The bitter undertone of Blue Cheese Fruits balances the sourness, and hence you can feel little sweetness.
But this fruit is famous for its sour taste, and people often use it as juice or for cooking purposes.
However, the pungent smell, like old socks or Blue Cheese, is the most unique feature.
Thus, due to the weird flavor, consuming the whole fruit in its natural state may be challenging.
How To Eat Blue Cheese Fruit?
Although you cannot consume whole Blue Cheese Fruits due to their unique flavor, you can enjoy the recipes.
You can make several recipes like juices, infused water, smoothie, salad, pickle, and many more using this incredible fruit.
1. Blue Cheese Fruit Juice
You must select ripe fruits to make the juice out of Blue Cheese Fruits. Moreover, manage some honey or sugar for a better taste.
- Cut the Blue Cheese Fruits into 4-5 halves and place them in the food processor.
- Blend the fruit and make it as thin as possible.
- Add some water to the mixture and strain to separate the solids from the juice.
- Sweeten the juice with honey or sugar and enjoy it chilled.
2. Blue Cheese Fruit Smoothie
For Blue Cheese Smoothie, you can blend the fruits with other fruits like Banana, Pineapple, and Coconut milk.
- Mix Blue Cheese Fruits along with other fruits in the blender jar.
- Add half a glass of coconut milk and blend the fruits well.
- Stir the mixture well and add some sweetener to taste.
- You can blend the mixture with ice cubes to enjoy it chilled.
3. Blue Cheese Fruit Salad Dressing
Due to the sour taste, Blue Cheese can be the perfect choice to enhance the taste of your salad as a dressing.
- Take ripe Blue Cheese Fruits and chop them into thin slices along with their skin.
- Place the slices in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Mash the mixture and make a coarse paste.
- Season the dressing with salt and chili pepper to enhance the taste.
- Combine well and add the flavorful dressing to your salad.
Most people confuse Noni fruit with Durian due to the similar smell, but Durian has a more intense smell.
From Editorial Team
Never Eat Seeds And Unripe Blue Cheese Fruits!
Eating unripe Blue Cheese Fruits and their seeds can cause health problems like stomach discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
Thus, if you are really into Blue Cheese Fruits, only eat their flesh, discarding the seeds only after they become soft.