In the world of tropical fruits, Noni vs Durian is a controversial topic all over social media due to their distinctive features.
Both Noni and Durian thrive in tropical climates, but Noni belongs to the family Rubiaceae, whereas Durian is from the Malvaceae family.
So, go through this article to distinguish between two popular exotic fruits, Noni and Durian and both bear unique characteristics.
Noni Vs Durian: Fruit Similarities
Both Noni and Durian are tropical fruits that thrive in warm and humid climates with full sunlight daily.
Moreover, both are flowering plants that produce dark green and glossy leaves with reticulate venation.
Noni and Durian contain medicinal values like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and Carminative properties.
Although there is no scientific evidence of medicinal value, ancient people used Noni for pain relief and to enhance the immune system.
Despite the foul odor, most people adore Durian’s taste and thus granting them with “King of the Fruit” award.
- Noni and Durian bear flavorful exotic fruits containing very strong odor.
- Although Noni is not considered a delicacy, people from some parts of South Asia eat the fruit. South Asian people consider Durian a delicacy.
- Both fruits bear nutritional value and are beneficial if you make them a part of your balanced diet.
- The aroma of both fruits is somehow similar to each other.
- You can use both fruits in different culinary dishes as both are edible.
- Also, people from Southeast Asia use both fruits as a traditional medicine.
Noni Vs Durian: Fruit Differences
Noni bears small fruits like an average Apple, whereas Durian fruit grows as big as a Watermelon.
The difference in the size of the fruit is due to climate, as Noni grows in an area with plenty of water, but Durian does not get much water as Noni.
|Plant Size||Up to 10 feet||Up to 100 feet|
|Fruit Size||Length and Spread: 2-4 inches long, 1-5 inches diameter|
Weight: 0.3-0.5 pounds
|Length and Spread: 6-12 inches in length and 4-8 inches in diameter.
Weight: 2-20 pounds
|Flavor||Sour||Sweet, like custard|
|Odor||Strong, delicious||Foul smell|
|Appearence||Smooth with bumps on surface||Rough, contains spines on the surface|
|Culinary Uses||Cooking||Desserts and savories|
From Editorial Team
Noni Vs Durian: What To Choose?
Choosing between Noni and Durian fruit depends upon your personal preferences. If you want to enjoy juicy fruit, consider Noni, but Durian suits best in desserts.
Furthermore, if you don’t like strong odors, choose Noni, as the odor of Durian is very foul and strong.