It’s good news for mushroom lovers and vegetarians as eating long mushrooms is directly related to enhancing your overall health including a healthy lower back.
However, it’s necessary to only include these mushrooms in your balanced diet. Overconsumption can also have negative impacts on your body.
So, go through this entire article to know the potential health benefits of long mushrooms and know how much they are related to your lower back health.
Table of Contents Show
What Are The Long Mushrooms Called?
Long mushrooms are edible mushroom varieties that have characteristics of long stems to support the cap.
There are varieties of mushrooms with long stems that come under the class Basidiomycetes. These mushrooms are edible and are high in nutrients.
Enoki Mushrooms: These mushrooms are whitish with small round caps and long white stems. The stems of these mushrooms are about 5 inches long.
Shiitake Mushrooms: These are very delicious mushrooms with dark brown caps and brownish stems. The stems can grow up to 4 inches long.
King Oyester Mushrooms: King Oyester mushrooms are the king of mushrooms that have very wide and long stems. These mushrooms can reach up to 8 inches long.
These mushrooms have a chewy texture and taste delicious when cooked. You can enjoy these mushrooms as a vegetable, saute, fried, or boiled. They have a mild taste that is perfect for any cuisine.
Benefits of Long Mushrooms Related To Lower Back
Besides the delicious taste, long mushrooms are loaded with medicinal properties, minerals, and nutrients to relieve your lower back pain.
Moreover, making these mushrooms a part of your balanced diet can make your backbone stronger and more flexible.
- Proteins and minerals like potassium can help to enhance your lower back health directly and indirectly.
- All long mushrooms contain anti-inflammatory compounds that contribute to relieving swelling and reducing your lower back pain.
- The higher amount of beta-glucans can support your immune health, which indirectly helps in fighting back pain issues.
- Compounds like selenium and ergothioneine in Shitake mushrooms help to fight against injury or harm caused by free radicals that initiate back pain.
- Long mushrooms are rich in different vitamins, including vitamin D. Vitamin D is vitally related to making your lower back healthy.
All Enoki, Shittake, and King Oyster mushrooms are low in calories. This benefits in making you full without causing unnecessary weight gain that is indirectly related to a healthy lower back.
Other Health Benefits of Long Mushrooms
Besides making your backbone and lower back healthy, there are several benefits of long mushrooms for your overall body parts.
- The antioxidant properties of long mushrooms contribute to repairing cell damage and help in stopping further damage.
- Long mushrooms benefit your body with their immune-boosting properties, making you resistant to diseases.
- Shiitake mushrooms are rich in anti-cancer properties that help fight against cancerous cells.
- The polysaccharides and other anti-inflammatory properties in long mushrooms help to heal wounds and swelling faster.
- All long mushrooms are loaded with dietary fiber that helps to enhance your digestive health.
- Long mushrooms are the perfect choice for those who are willing to lose weight but can’t resist hunger.
- Proteins in long mushrooms are rich in energy, making you fit and energetic throughout the day.
However, there are some mushrooms, like Death Cap mushrooms that are highly toxic, inviting coma or death if you consume them. So, it’s better to buy mushrooms only from reputed stores.
From Editorial Team
Extra Insights About Long Mushrooms!
While selecting long mushrooms, choose the ones with firm stems. Avoid the mushrooms that have darker colors and are unusually sticky, as they might be rotten.
Moreover, avoid eating mushrooms if you are allergic, and make sure to forbid overeating. Consuming excessive mushrooms can cause digestive problems like diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach upsets.