Do you know fruit molding kits shape your favorite fruits to give them a new makeover? You can cast the fruits into several forms, boosting their taste and appearance!
So, this article is not about the fungal mold that appears on rotten fruits but about the mold to shape fruits into artistic structures.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Fruit Molding & Mold?
Basically, Fruit mold is a material specially designed to turn different types of fruits and vegetables into desired shapes.
Also known as a fruit mold kit, this incredible shaper comes in two or more parts that fit together to shape a particular fruit.
This kit comes in various shapes like square, rectangle, heart, and human shapes, giving your fruits an artistic touch.
Moreover, you can shape whole fruit, fruit pieces, or the fruit still attached to the mother plant in the fruit molds.
You can also find molds shaped like fruits to turn chocolates or fondants into a fruit-like structure.
Fruit Molding [Suitable Fruits To Mold]
As fruits come in various textures and shapes, it’s vital to understand the type of fruit before molding them in desired shapes.
To be suitable for molding, a fruit must have a firm texture and dense flesh that cannot be damaged easily.
However, the suitability may vary as the fruit begins to ripen. The firmness and consistency may also decrease in some ripe fruits.
Meanwhile, fruits like Mangoes, Berries, Bananas, Oranges, Lemons, Peaches, Plums, etc., cannot lend themselves well in molds.
It’s because these fruits are very soft in texture, have thin skin, and can be excessively pulpy while they ripen.
Is Fruit Molding Safe?
Generally, fruit molding requires a mold kit to get the fruits in the desired shape.
Mostly, fruit mold is made of silicon which is safe for the body and stretchable during fruit growth.
As long as you use fresh and undamaged fruits, fruit mold is safe as the shapers do not contain any harmful components.
Moreover, you must use suitable molding techniques to shape fruits successfully; otherwise, fruit rot occurs.
Furthermore, a fruit molding kit is safe until you use fruits toxic to pets. Also, stomach upset may occur if they chew the molds.
How To Mold A Fruit?
Molding a detached fruit is easy; you only have to place the firm fruit into the mold and wait until it gets shaped.
Meanwhile, molding fruits growing on the plants require specialized techniques and trained horticulturists.
- Select the firm fruit with dense flesh which is in the growth stage.
- Take a sterilized mold kit of the shape you like and place the whole fruit inside the mold.
- Make sure to use a mold kit 1 size smaller than the expected fruit size to shape the fruit properly.
- Use soft or flexible clips to support the fruit inside the mold kit.
- Monitor the fruit regularly and make timely adjustments to ensure the fruit is in good condition.
- Do not suppress the growth excessively, or it may result damaged.
- Ensure you provide proper watering, sunlight, and good air circulation to the plant.
- Prune the lateral branches to encourage proper fruit growth.
- After the fruit develops its desired shape, carefully remove the kit from the fruit.
- Sharp, clean, and sterilized tools are most to avoid damage to the fruit.
Various Fruit Molding Kits For Sale
Although fruit molding is challenging, they give an amazing result with the fusion of art and horticulture.
So, don’t be late to try this mind-blowing technique with a proper mold kit available online.
|Molding Kit||Fruit Type|
|Square Kit||For round fruits like pumpkin and melons.|
|Heart-shaped Kit||Any types of melon and round pumpkins.|
|Elongated Kit||For long fruits like cucumber, zucchini, etc.|
|Buddha Kit||Firm fruits like apple, pear, peach, etc.|
From Editorial Team
Fruit Molding Trends
The art of molding fruits first started in Japan, and later Japanese farmers continued this technique to create shaped fruits.
Nowadays, shaped fruits are trending all over social media as they are very expensive and look incredibly beautiful.