Strawberry cheesecake popcorn remains a staple bedtime to lunchtime snack.
With many recipes for preparing, you can also bring about your own if you are an avid baker!
If you want your bowl of these sweet-scented and tasty munchies, follow the article for a new recipe!
Why Is Strawberry Cheesecake Popcorn A Popular Snack?
A movie-time snack, Strawberry cheesecake popcorn is popular munchies for babies, youngsters, and golden agers alike.
It is a sweet and creamy snack that combines the flavor of Strawberry and cheesecake in your boring popcorn.
Normally, it includes cheesecake popcorn mixed with Strawberry Syrup and covered with White Chocolate with a generous sprinkle of Graham Crackers.
With a unique flavor and color combinations, this rich snack floods your mouth with the taste of Strawberries, while also equally booming with the fruity goodness of health.
Here are some popular reasons why Strawberry cheesecake popcorn is a favored snack.
- It is visually appealing and has savory taste combos.
- Since you can also prepare it from real fruits, it is a healthy snack option for your body.
- As a seasonal fruit, you can enjoy this Strawberry treat in the summer.
- A fun social snack, it is easy to prepare and serves as a handy finger food.
- It is also a photogenic and nostalgic snack for social media fanatics.
History Of Strawberry Cheesecake Popcorn
Do you know one of the earliest known recipes of Strawberry cheesecake popcorn was published in the book “The Popcorn Book” by Geene Roth?
The book mentions the use of popcorn oil to pop some popcorn and then coating it in a blend of Melted Butter, Sugar, Strawberry Jam, and cheesecake Powder.
Recipes For Strawberry Cheesecake Popcorn
As a popular snack, you can prepare Strawberry cheesecake popcorn in a number of ways.
However, the important basic ingredient here is popcorn, which you can either buy cheesecake flavored or plain.
With that said, let’s see the recipes for Strawberry cheesecake popcorn.
- Take 6 cups of flavored or plain popcorn kernel and place it in a bowl to pop.
- In another bowl, melt 1/2 a stick of butter, add 1/4th cup of Strawberry Syrup, and 1/4th cup of cheesecake Powder.
- Toss it properly and melt 1/4th cup of White Chocolate Chips in another bowl.
- Coat the popcorn with the butter mixture and bake freely on a tray for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Then, add the melted White Chocolate to the popcorn and sprinkle some crushed Graham Crackers.
- Further, you can add sprinkles and dried Strawberries to give it a color and let it set until cool.
Yet, if you cannot get your hands on a cheesecake-flavored popcorn packet, you can instead use cheesecake-flavored seasoning while tossing your popcorn.
You can even prepare your own Strawberry syrup if you don’t have access to a store-bought version.
In fact, preparing your own Strawberry syrup is a much healthier option. Here’s how you can do it!
- Pick and wash 2 cups of fresh Strawberries.
- You can use normal Strawberries or choose from seedless Strawberry varieties.
- Melt 1 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Dice the Strawberries and add in the sugar solution to melt them on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- After it cools, strain the mixture and store the Syrup in an airtight jar inside the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
However, popcorn is also available in local stores with many flavor combos!
From Editorial Team
Opt for healthy options!
Wash your Strawberries to remove any pests if you don’t want any bugs to pop on your popcorn!
Also, choose a healthier option by not using too much butter or popping your popcorn in the oven.