This article was last updated by on

Is your Frizzle Sizzle Plant Toxic?

As a plant lover, I always wanted my house with lots of plants, primarily succulent. I thought of getting a Frizzle Sizzle. However, I did not get it right away without knowing if the Frizzle Sizzle plant is toxic or not, especially to my pets.

The Frizzle Sizzle plant is not considered toxic. Still, if ingested, it causes vomiting, diarrhea, mouth and throat irritation to your pets. Also, consuming a large portion might cause loss of appetite, froth, or foam in the mouth.

There are varieties of indoor plants found in our environment. Some plants are ubiquitous, whereas some are not. Each plant has a different kind of characteristics.

Some plants might bring itching, allergies, sneezing problems to you and your family members.

Also, as pet owners, we have to be very careful and particular about the things we bring to our homes. We all know the risk of getting plants home as there is a chance of our pets ingesting them.

It would be better to learn about the plants, their character, toxicity, etc., which is essential.

Most succulent plants are non-poisonous to your furry friends, yet there are some which might be destructive.

For those of you who have not seen  Frizzle Sizzle Plant before, this is how it looks;

Frizzle Sizzle
Frizzle Sizzle Plant

Is Frizzle Sizzle Toxic to Dogs and Cats?

The Frizzle Sizzle, also known as Albuca spiralis, is not considered toxic for dogs and cats.

Eating any plants, either be toxic or non-toxic, gives a terrible stomach ache to your companion.

Mild oral and gastrointestinal infection is a common effect for dogs and cats after consumption of Albuca spiralis.

Although these symptoms are not life-threatening to your fuzzy friends, it affects the stomach or the gastrointestinal region.

In some cases, your pets might consume a large portion of these plants, causing irritation and itching around the oral region, drooling, vomiting, food aversion, and decreased appetite.

Some irritations on the skin might show up sometimes. When skin becomes itchy, your pet scratch, bite or lick the skin.

These activities might cause deep wounds in their body, bringing other health-related issues.

Though these symptoms do not affect much directly, they might bring other health problems to your pets.

If you have a hairy friend, you might already know that it tries to eat everything around them.  So, it is better not to keep Frizzle Sizzle in your house.

If you want Frizzle Sizzle inside your home, put it in those places where your pets can not reach out.

You can get other indoor plants that have no effects on pets instead.

Some plants that do not harm your fuzzy babies are Spider Plant, Rattle Snake Plant, Birds Nest Fern, Areca Palm, Boston Fern, Polkadot plant, Ponytail Palm, Peperomia, etc.

Frizzle Sizzle Plant
Frizzle Sizzle Plant Bloom

Is Frizzle Sizzle Toxic for my Family?

Generally speaking, most succulents are not toxic to humans. However, there are some poisonous succulents too.

Talking about Frizzle Sizzle, they are non-toxic to humans.

You can keep them anywhere around your house. You can place it in corners of the room, bedside table, kitchen counter, tea table, and even bathroom vanities.

But if you have babies, then you have to be careful about the placement of your plant. If they ingest it, it might upset their stomach.

Hence, this plant is safe for humans and makes the indoor environment feel calm and soothing.

How to recover a pet after it ingests Frizzle Sizzle Plant?

The first thing you can do is call your nearby local veterinarian and ask for help.

It might take some time for your veterinarian to come to your place, so during that time, keep your pet away at a safe place. Separate your other pets (if you have any) and put them away from the plants.

If you see your pet eating the plant, take it out from its mouth right away.

An emergency hotline number of (ASPCA) Animal Poison Control Center Number (888) 426-4435. You can call this number any time of the day as it remains open 24 hours for all 365 days.

Do not give anything to your pet, and do not try to induce the vomiting until your vet recommends it. Some plants might irritate other areas after vomiting up.

People tend to try home remedies, but sometimes instead of doing good, it may harm. So, it is better not to do any experiments at that moment.

You do not give any medications without any knowledge about them or recommended by a vet.

What type of pests affects Frizzle Sizzle, and how to get rid of it?

The Frizzle Sizzle plant is easy to take care of.  Sometimes different kind of pests affects this plant.

Mealybugs, aphids, spider mites, root mealybugs, etc., are some pests you have to keep your eyes on. These pests are usually detected in the undersides of leaves and the cubies.

Getting rid of these pests is very important. Otherwise, there is a high chance of spreading them around your house.

That brings different health problems to you, your family, and your pets. So, it would be best if you did something before it harms your house and health.

You can get rid of these pests by preparing some sprays at your home and spraying in the plants. Some homemade spray recipes are;

  • Mealybugs: Mix one-fourth of rubbing alcohol with a cup of water.
  • Aphids: Mix 1 tablespoon of oil and soap or dishwasher with 1 cup of water.
  • Spider mites: Mix neem oil and soap with a cup of water.
  • Root Mealybugs: A mixture of rubbing alcohol and water works best for them.

If you do not want to follow these remedies, you can also get pests controlling solutions from nearby markets or online.


Hence, the Frizzle Sizzle Plant is non-toxic to your pets and family members. However, it would be good to place your plants where your pets and babies do not reach out.

Otherwise, they might ingest the plant and become sick. Besides that, this plant is easy to take care of and makes your place beautiful.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *