Do you know the Hagonoy plant owns hairy and glandular leaves, and as an herb, it serves multiple health benefits?
Hagonoy Plant Benefits
Hagonoy plant (Chromolaena odorata) is native to Central and South America and is known to be invasive in many parts of the world.
However, this plant is highly beneficial in the medical field and is used to treat various health disorders.
Certain compounds are present in this plant including Coumaric, Ferrulic, and Vanillic acids help to cure various diseases.
Some major benefits of Hagonoy plants are mentioned below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The Hagonoy plant helps reduce inflammations in our bodies.
- Anti-oxidants: This plant is rich in antioxidants and prevents the damage caused due to the production of free Oxygen radicals.
- Antimicrobial: The extracts from the plant are used against fungal and bacterial infections.
- Wound healing: This plant helps in the rapid coagulation of blood in the wounds and prevents microbial infections in the wounds.
- Analgesic effect: The Hagonoy extracts are found to have analgesic effects and help to relieve headaches, toothaches, and muscle aches.
Is Hagonoy Plant Poisonous To Humans?
Hagony plant is usually non-toxic to humans.
According to some studies, this plant does not contain compounds that are toxic to humans.
In contrast, this plant possesses beneficial compounds that have several health benefits.
However, overconsumption by pets or humans can cause short-term effects like Nausea, Vomiting, and Skin irritations.
If you are planning to consume the plant for its health benefits, first consult a doctor or a medical person for the appropriate dosage.
Here are some tips while handling the Hagony plant.
- Put on the masks and gloves and avoid touching the sap of the plant.
- Rinse the sap out of your body after coming in contact with it.
- Remember to eat the plant in the recommended amount to prevent gastrointestinal disorders.
- If you are under the medications, do not eat the plants without consulting your doctor.
How Do You Extract Hagonoy Leaves?
Hagonoy leaves are full of health benefits and the proper way to consume them is by making extracts of them.
Here are some tips for preparing Hogonoy Leaves extracts.
- Wash off the debris thoroughly from the leaves with clean water.
- Cut the leaves with sterilized scissors or knives and place them in a saucer with water in it.
- Boil for at least 30 minutes in low flame.
- Filter the remaining leaves and separate water out of them.
- Now, your Hogonoy leaf extracts are ready to consume.
However, remember to take the recommendations from a medical person for taking the leaf extracts in appropriate amounts.
From Editorial Team
Although Hogony plants are medicinally advantageous, there are more than 60 countries in which these plants are invasive.
These plants are known to spread rapidly and compete with native plants replacing their vegetation.
Furthermore, they are susceptible to several pests, including Aphids, Beetles, Caterpillars, and Thrips.
The dense vegetation of these plants promotes the transfer of these pests to healthy crops.