Do you know that Beetroot can help males heal sexually from erectile dysfunctions? Although not scientifically proven, several reasons exist to answer this debatable question.
However, sexual impotence is a sensitive topic for many who endure it for a lifetime as they are too insecure to share it.
But natural home remedies and a conscious eating lifestyle can help you live healthily before taking any prescribed medication.
Table of Contents Show
Does Beetroot Help Sexually? [Dilemma Resolved]
There is no scientific evidence to claim that Beetroots benefit sexually and cure erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction occurs commonly in people who are hypertensive or suffering from high blood pressure.
But Beetroots contain special bioactive compounds with essential nutrients that benefit the body.
Further, Beetroot juice (BRJ) contains a surplus amount of nitrates that convert to nitric oxide after consumption.
Studies claim that 30% of people with high blood pressure have complaints of erectile dysfunction.
Since erectile dysfunction impedes the soft tissues of the male genitalia from acquiring less blood, thus affecting the erection.
However, it has been proven medically that nitric oxide signals the blood vessels to expand, allowing the blood to flow freely to every body part.
Health Benefits of Beets & Beet Juice
Besides lowering blood pressure, Beetroots are nutritious vegetables that positively impact the human body as they are low in calories.
The health benefit of Beet juice is due to the abundance of Betanin, a reddish compound with powerful antioxidant properties, and is used as a natural food additive.
- Beetroots have folate, manganese, potassium, copper, and iron, which are important for the developing body.
- One small amount of Beet contains about one-fourth daily recommended value of folate, avoiding neural tube defects in unborn babies.
- Beets reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Additionally, drinking Beetroot juice before any physical activity increases work performance.
- Also, Beetroots have tons of fiber, crucial to keep the population of essential gut bacteria which aids in digestion.
- Whole Beetroots contain a modest amount of vitamin C, but Beet juice contains relatively less as it is lost during processing and storage.
- A study also claims that Beetroots show antioxidant activity in the cancerous cells of the pancreas, prostrate glands, and breast.
Consuming too much Beets can cause a phenomenon called “Red Urine” or “Beeturia” in some people.
Additionally, people experiencing the symptoms of kidney stones should avoid Beetroots or related products as Beets contain a high amount of oxalates.
Further, the Beets are rich in glucose and sugars. Hence, patients with diabetes must take them after a thorough consultation with their doctor.
Practices to Boost Nitric Oxide Naturally
Beets are not the only vegetable that has high amounts of nitric oxide.
Also, there are multiple methods to increase the amount of nitric oxide in the human body, giving you a sexual boost.
- Consume vegetables with high nitrates, such as Celery, Lettuce, Cress, Spinach, Arugula, etc.
- Take antioxidants like vitamins C and E, polyphenols, and glutathione, which help keep nitric oxide stable in your body.
- Use less mouthwash as it can kill beneficial bacteria in your body, thus halting nitric oxide production.
- Promote anaerobic and aerobic training exercises to increase the blood flow into the body.
From Editorial Team
Although not proven clinically and based on several medical theories, Beetroots may help boost you sexually.
Since Beets are high in nitrates, they may negatively interact with certain blood pressure-lowering medications.