Health Benefits of Goji Berries
Goji berries (Lycium barbarum) are widely used in China as a traditional medicine.
Furthermore, all parts of the Goji berry tree, including roots, leaves, and fruits, are helpful.
However, fruits are only consumed after drying and are rich in vitamins A, and C and various antioxidants.
Goji berries are rich in amino acids and proteins that help boost growth hormones.
Here are some benefits of Goji berries.
- Immunomodulatory effects: Goji berries are known to have immunomodulatory effects that boost immunity with the help of Vitamin C and antioxidants in them.
- Anti-inflammatory: The beneficial compounds in these berries help reduce allergic reactions in our bodies.
- Anti-diabetic effects: Goji berries control blood sugar and have anti-diabetic effects.
- Improved eye health: These berries contain compounds like zeaxanthin and lutein that are essential for healthy eyes.
- Cardiovascular health: The antioxidants present in Goji berries help to improve heart health.
- Anticancer activity: The antioxidants present in Goji berries prevent the formation of free oxygen radicals that promote tumor cells in our body.
- Hepatoprotective effect: The advantageous compounds in the berries inhibit oxidation in hepatic cells and protect against liver damage.
Do Goji Berries Increase Growth Hormone?
There is no scientific evidence that the Goji berries increase human growth hormones and make you taller.
However, there are rumors that the Goji berry addition to the diet increases growth hormones in people who perform many physical exercises.
Additionally, there is another rumor that these berries induce growth hormones in elderly people if they eat in a recommended amount.
There are other ways if you want to increase your height and stay fit, which are below.
- Genetics from parents plays an important role in the height of the plant with which you have nothing to do.
- Do some research and eat a balanced diet every day.
- Additionally, stretching exercises can be really beneficial.
- Similarly, good sleep is essential for overall growth, including height increase.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
From Editorial Team
Take care of Goji berries!
Major pests and diseases in Goji berries are Powdery mildew, Anthracnose, Aphids, and Spider mites.
Reduce their prevalence by spraying Neem or Cinnamon oil at certain intervals.