Do you know that button mushrooms are healthier vegan diet to reduce your cancer risk? With some special compounds, it rejuvenates your ailing body inside and out!
What Mushrooms Are Good For Cancer Patients?
Most mushrooms hold important health benefits, such as anticancer and antioxidant properties.
However, some mushrooms hold the major anticancer properties listed below.
- Reishi mushroom: This mushroom serves traditional Chinese medicine to boost immunity and fight cancer.
- Shittake mushroom: Shiitake mushroom contains a compound known as Lentinan, which is helpful against cancer and boosts immunity.
- Maitake mushroom: This mushroom is rich in beta-glucans that help fight cancer and boost immunity.
- Chaga mushroom: This mushroom is a good source of antioxidants and helps fight the tumor cells.
- Button mushroom: Button mushroom contains many anticancer and antioxidant compounds that are helpful against cancers and other health disorders.
There are no specific cancer types that these mushrooms can cure.
Do Button Mushrooms Help Treat Cancer?
The button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) hold beneficial compounds, such as Beta-glucans, Ergothioneine, and Selenium, which fight breast cancer.
Here are some anti-cancer compounds present in button mushrooms and their functions.
- Ergothioneine: This compound is found in high levels in button mushrooms and prevents cell damage that can result in cancer.
- Beta-glucans: These are carbohydrates found in the cell walls of button mushrooms. They function to boost immunity and fight tumor cells.
- Polyphenols: Polyphenols are antioxidants that protect the proliferation of tumor cells.
These mushrooms are meant to heal every type of cancer, including Breast, Prostate cancer, and skin cancer.
Other Benefits of Button Mushrooms
Besides anticancer properties, button mushrooms are beneficial in many other ways, as mentioned below.
- Immunity boosting: button mushrooms hold beneficial compounds such as Vitamin C, E, and other antioxidants.
- Hepatoprotective activities: Button mushrooms contain fibers that help to fight liver-related disorders.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: These mushrooms are a good source of fibers that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine.
- Cardiovascular health: Potassium in button mushrooms helps improve heart health.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The antioxidants, such as Ergothioneine, reduce inflammation.
A healthy beverage option!
You can prepare the alcoholic extract of dried mushrooms by drenching their chunks in a jar of your favorite alcohol for 2-4 weeks.
After you are done, strain the liquid extract and seal it in the fridge.
However, don’t forget to throw the mushrooms away, as you can’t eat them now!
Additionally, you can eat button mushrooms without any hesitation.
These classic mushrooms are probably available in every grocery store near you.
But remember to eat them after proper cooking because the cell walls of mushrooms are made up of Chitin.
Hence, you won’t get any nutritional benefit after eating a raw mushroom as the body can’t digest its Chitin.
From Editorial Team
Do you know?
Keeping mushroom extract or concoction in air-tight glass jars will give you a better chance of preserving the key essential nutrients of your favorite fungus!
Moreover, you can prepare the extract at home by using water.
For water extraction, put the dried mushroom in a pot of water and boil it for 2-3 hours in low heat flame; filter the mushrooms, and your mushroom extract is ready.