Are you equally amazed by recent YouTube recipes about mixing different exotic fruits to create something called air dragon fruit?
If not, you should know about this unique Malaya drink popular around Ramadan.
Continue reading to find out how to prepare this nutritious recipe at home.
Table of Contents Show
What is Air Dragon Fruit in Detail?
A refreshing drink from Kerengga Island, Marang in Malaysia, has been making rounds on the internet lately.
“Jus Buah Naga,” in the local language, which translates to Dragon Fruit Juice, is made from a concoction of exotic tropical fruits and other kitchen items.
Also referred to as air dragon fruit in many YouTube videos, it has been marketed as a nutritious and refreshing drink around the month of Ramadan.
Now, let us break down all the possible juice components and their nutritional values.
|Dragon Fruit||Low in calories, high in fiber and vitamin C||Supports digestion, boosts immunity|
|Lychee||Rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and potassium||Enhances skin health, aids digestion|
|Mango||High in vitamin A and C, and dietary fiber||Supports vision, immune system, and digestion|
|Watermelon||Low in calories, contains antioxidants||Hydration and supports skin health|
|Pumpkin||Rich in vitamins A and C, high in fiber||Supports immune system and digestion|
|Condensed Milk||High in calories, fat, and sugar||Provides quick energy, adds richness to recipes|
|Milk Cream||Rich in saturated fats and calories||Adds creaminess and flavor to dishes|
|Vanilla Ice Cream||Contains sugar, fat, and dairy||Serves as a sweet treat, source of energy|
|Water||Calorie-free, essential for hydration||Maintains bodily functions, regulates temperature|
No wonder it contains nutritious, fibrous, and sugar-rich fruits, which will help replenish your lost calories, especially during Ramadan.
Although we are unsure when this drink was created or who created it, we can tell it looks delicious!
Air Dragon Fruit Recipe
Now that you know the nutritional value of air dragon fruit, let us tell you how to prepare one at home.
It is because the rich color, flavor, and name of the drink come from dragon fruits, which were introduced to South Asian tropical countries in 1990.
Ingredients for Recipe
For two people serving:
- 1-2 dragon fruits
- Canned lychee
- 1-2 ripe or yellowed mango
- 1/2 watermelon/cucumber
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Boiled Water
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Milk Cream/Milkmaid
- Optional: 1/2 Ripe pumpkin
- Optional: Vanilla Ice-cream
There are multiple ways of preparing air dragon fruit drinks. Here are two famous examples.
1. Diced Fruits Tossed Into Milk
This process is more straightforward and does not require a mixer or blender.
- Dice fruits into small pieces measuring 1/2 inch (1-2 cm).
- Pour the whole can of sweetened condensed milk into half a liter of boiled water.
- Also, pour canned lychee into the solution along with the lychee water.
- Mix all the diced fruits into the solution and stir.
- Finally, mix ice cubes into it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
Here is a video instruction loosely based on this recipe.
2. Blended Air Dragon Fruit Juice
Another popular method to drink air dragon fruit is to blend everything into a smoothie.
You can choose juicy fruits like watermelon, mango, lychee, grape, and dragon fruit for this recipe.
- Cut everything into small pieces, and remember to remove the seeds.
- Blend everything into a mixer or blender into a thin solution.
- Next, pour half the glass of sweetened milk into a cup and add the blended juice.
- Add some ice cubes and top it off with some vanilla ice cream.
- Adding sugar will make it extra sweet, so be careful.
Voila! The ultimate dragon fruit smoothie is ready! You better drink it up when it is still fantastic.
From Editorial Team
Finally, Air dragon fruit may sound like a unique idea, but the fruit concoction works great because it contains all the sugar-rich fruits.
Moreover, dragon fruits help reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and constipation and are suitable for heart health.