Although magnetic gardening sounds like fiction, the growing evidence from experimental practices is making this technique popular among greenthumbs.
Magnetic gardening depends on magnetic or electric fields to promote better plant health and growth.
Nevertheless, to know the exact mechanism and benefits of magnetic gardening on the plant’s development, you have to go through this complete article.
Table of Contents Show
Do Plants Grow Better With Magnets?
Although there is limited research on magnetic effects on plant growth, these researches are showing positive results.
When you expose the viable seeds to magnets, they can germinate faster with even growth than those unexposed seeds.
Not only the seeds, but the plants in the magnetic garden also get strong roots. The roots have effective spreading with the better absorption of water and minerals from the soil.
Some researchers also claim that the fruiting and flowering plants in the magnetic garden also have higher yields.
However, the effects of the magnets on the plants also depend upon the type and strength of the magnet you are using in your garden.
Moreover, the duration of the magnetic exposure and plant species also play a crucial role.
How To Start Magnetic Gardening?
To start your magnetic gardening, the foremost thing to choose is a rare and strong magnet. Neodymium is the best magnet for this purpose but other types like disc magnets or bar magnets also help.
You can also use a magnetic water treatment device to magnetize your irrigation water but this is totally optional.
- Get a terracotta container and fill it with a well-draining potting mix suitable for your plants.
- You can bury the magnets with the potting mix or directly place them on the top of the soil.
- Plant your favorite flowers, fruit plants, or herbs.
- If you want to bury the magnets, bury them near the roots of the plant.
- Place the magnets near the plant if you don’t want to bury them.
- Water the plant regularly making the soil moist but not soggy to prevent root rot.
- Observe the plants regularly and replace the magnet with high strength if necessary.
Benefits Of Magnetic Gardening
Magnetic gardening is a non-invasive and environment-friendly farming practice. You can focus on the growth of your plants with minimal maintenance.
Moreover, this gardening technique is effective for any plant type like herbs, vegetables, flowers, fruits, and even large trees.
- The increased flow of ions in the seeds growing in the magnetic soil has healthy and effective growth.
- Cell division of the plants can also increase leading to a higher yield of good-quality fruits and vegetables.
- The effective movements of water molecules within the plants in the magnetic garden help them to utilize more water for better plant development.
- Magnetically treated plants have the best disease and pest-resistant qualities. Moreover, the defensive capacity also increases in plants.
- Moreover, the young seedlings have the ability to deal with several environmental impacts like drought, soil compaction, etc.
- You can save a lot of money as the plants have reduced demands of fertilizers.
- Magnetically treated plants also have improved taste, texture, and aroma than non-treated ones.
From Editorial Team
If you are a beginner, you can test the effectiveness by starting with a small group of plants and comparing the growth with the same untreated plants.
Also, using high-quality magnets can provide you with better results. Regular observation with patience can bless you with amazing, noticeable effects.