Do you know you can use a spare loft ladder and blend your ideas to create a beautiful vertical garden?
A loft ladder is a ladder that reaches from the ground to the ceiling and can beautifully fold to an A-shape, perfect for arranging houseplants.
So, we are here with different loft ladder ideas for plants perfect for every living space to create an impressive indoor garden for you.
Table of Contents Show
Loft Ladder Decor Ideas With Plants You Need To Know
Before placing the loft- ladder loaded with plants, ensure that it can bear your potted plants’ weight.
Also, painting the ladder with contrasting colors will enhance the interior design, blessing you with natural vibes.
1. Ladder With Herbs
A herby ladder can be an excellent idea for someone who loves to spend most of the time in the kitchen.
First, locate the loft ladder 45° along the kitchen walls with maximum sunlight availability.
- Attach the shelves along each horizontal stair for better space for the container, ensuring the shelves are tightly fastened.
- Then, place the containers with herbs on each shelf, organizing them according to your uses.
- For example: Place the container with coriander on the shelf so you can reach it easily for daily use.
Thus, on this herby ladder garden, you can arrange culinary herbs like potted basil, parsley, mints, rosemary, and many more.
2. Ladder By The Window
A loft ladder by the window works best for houseplants that require a good amount of full sunlight daily, like succulents, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Place the A-shaped folded ladder along the window fitting it according to your living space.
- Attach the shelves on the horizontal stairs of the ladder tightly to place your houseplants.
- Arrange the plants that need maximum sunlight on the top shelf to fulfill light demands.
- The plants needing less light on the sun-loving plant’s list will fit best on a lower shelf.
- The flowering plants on the top shelves and succulents on the middle or lower shelves can make an indoor garden stunning with vibrant colors.
3. Hanging Shelf Ladder
The best part of the hanging shelf ladder idea is adjusting it according to your living space along the wall.
First, attach the ladder horizontally or vertically; the hanging houseplants will bless you with stunning indoor looks.
- Attach the ladder securely to the ceiling or wall.
- Fix the shelves along the stairs according to the heights of the houseplants.
- Arrange the potted houseplants on the ladder with a shelf of your choice.
- The best idea is to place indoor plants that need low lights.
4. Floral Ladder
A floral ladder will look incredible on your balcony garden, enhancing it with colorful blossoms.
For this, you must choose the sun-loving annuals or perennials that fit perfectly on your USDA zones.
- Attach the shelves on each stair that can handle the flower pots.
- Place the potted plants on each stair or attach the hooks on the stairs for a hanging view.
- You can hang the vining plants on the hanging baskets or place them at the bottom to trail on the ladder.
- Keep the flower vases with colorful cut flowers on each ladder step.
- For a better view, place the tall houseplant on the side of the ladder.
Now, you can enjoy the view of a ladder loaded with vibrant colored blossoms along with a cup of coffee daily morning on your balcony.
5. Ladder On The Ceiling
The idea of the ladder on the ceiling will be perfect for those with don’t have any indoor or outdoor spaces for plants.
- Choose the hanging basket plants and fix the ladder in the ceiling horizontally.
- Fix the hooks on each stair for the ladder on the ceiling, ensuring it can handle the weight of houseplants.
- Next, place the hanging baskets with houseplants of your choice on each hook.
- The hanging plants will look adorable in the indoor space with a unique and modern look.
Although this idea is unique and fashionable, you may face equal difficulty in watering and caring for your houseplants.
Thus, select the houseplants that need minimal care before proceeding with this idea.
From Editorial Team
Besides the above-mentioned decor ideas, there are other ideas like hanger ladders, Arc ladders, vertical ladders, mini plant ladders, etc.
Also, provide artificial lights, adequate watering, and keep the ladder away from heating vents, coolers, etc., to maintain the decorum of these ideas.