Although the Blue Lotus flower shines aesthetically and bestows a sense of tranquillity, it is shrouded by mysterious theories about its medicinal importance.
The Blue Lotus flower is a beautiful Lotus variety with symbolic significance like purity, enlightenment, and strength.
So, go through this article to learn about this Lotus flower and dive into its benefits and side effects.
Table of Contents Show
What Does Blue Lotus Flower Look Like?
Blue Lotus bears delicate petals with distinct pale blue or deep azure color. These petals appear blue due to pigmentation.
Moreover, the flower is 4-6 inches high, with numerous petals in a symmetric arrangement that looks awesome when the flower breaks.
Furthermore, the leaves are large, round, and fan-shaped that float on the water’s surface around the flower.
Overall, Blue Lotus grows 8-12 inches tall and spreads 3-8 inches wide. Except for flowers and leaves, other parts remain submerged in water.
Is Blue Lotus Flower Legal?
Due to the high psychoactive effects of Blue Lotus pre-rolls, it’s illegal to buy these blossoms in some regions of the United States, like Louisiana.
However, the flower is legal for aquatic garden decoration in most parts of the US. However, the Food and Drug Administration has not regulated it yet.
But, if you want to add this beauty to your garden, you can buy these flowers at the nearest flower shop in the legalized area.
Nevertheless, it’s always better to use other Lotus varieties if you don’t want to take risks.
Is Blue Lotus Legal In UK?
Basically, Blue Lotus is legal in the UK if you want to grow, buy, and possess it. However, you cannot sell the flower for human consumption.
It’s because the Psychoactive Substance Act, 2016 has classified this plant as a plant bearing psychoactive substances.
So, if you aim to grow this flower for human consumption, Blue Lotus is not legal in the UK. This plant is legal only for decorative purposes.
Thus, Blue Lotus is not legal in the UK because there is no scientific evidence about the safety and efficiency after consumption of this flower.
Blue Lotus Flower Benefits
This flower is a valuable plant from ancient times due to its cultural, medicinal, and spiritual benefits.
- The flower contains relaxing and soothing effects and can decrease your anxiety level.
- Moreover, the sedative effects also work as an anesthetic medicine to improve your sleep.
- You can induce your mood and feel happy and relaxed after using this flower.
- Ancient people used this flower to encourage the sexual experience.
- People from many regions use this flower in traditional and spiritual rituals.
- The Blue Lotus also bears anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Consuming this flower decreases gastric disorder and improves digestive aids.
- Blue Lotus seeds from flowers are the real treasure that helps breed new plants.
Blue Lotus Flower Side Effects
Besides the benefits, organic Blue Lotus flower has several side effects if you take it in heavy amounts.
- Excessive intake results in drowsiness and decreased alertness.
- Some people may be allergic to the flower’s pollen and have skin problems.
- Taking this flower while you are on medication may cause a negative interaction.
- The high dose may also cause respiratory problems making it difficult to breathe.
- Some people may suffer from stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting after consuming this flower.
If you notice any unusual activities in your children and pets after accidental consumption of this flower, contact the following helplines:
From Editorial Team
Don’t Miss This!
The health benefits of organic Blue Lotus flower are based on the people who have been continuing with flower recipes and other uses.
However, there is no scientific evidence, and the edibility of this flower is not clear yet. So, it’s better to use the flower only for decoration purposes.